We are working to retain profitable and sustainable beet cultivation and are constantly seeking to increase the yield per hectare.
We intend to enhance the cultivation of sugar beet by:
- improving the quality of sowing seeds
- achieving the highest possible sugar yield per hectare
- growing sugar beet with a high content of extractable sugar
- making efficient use of fertilisers
- minimising the use of crop protection agents
- avoiding crop protection agents that harm the environment
- reducing the soil attaching to the beet when lifted
- optimising the logistics chain from the beet fields to the sugar factories by making maximum use of return loads of beet pulp from the factories to cattle farmers
- ensuring the continuity of beet cultivation in the Netherlands.