Quality assurance at Suiker Unie begins with the growers. They can supply their beet to us only if they have a food safety certificate. The certificate is a guarantee that the beet are not grown on contaminated land. Checks are also made of the growers' use of permitted fertilisers and the doses used. The certificate also guarantees that the beet seeds meet Suiker Unie's standards.
Suiker Unie's quality management system is ISO 22000 certified and is tailored to food safety. To guarantee safety, we have a well established HACCP system. Our factories are certified to the latest BRC standard, the IFS standard (both are applicable to supermarket suppliers) or the ISO 22000 standard. All animal feed production locations are also certified to the applicable local standard, either GMP+ or QS.
Our quality control does not end with our own processes. Beet growers and suppliers of processing aids, technical equipment, packagings and services are very closely involved in quality and food safety.
- Food safety certification for all beet growers
- Quality to ISO 22000 standard
- Food safety in accordance with HACCP (Hazard Analyses and Critical Control Points)
- BRC Food Standard (British Retail Consortium)
- IFS (International Food Standard)
- Environmental conditions to ISO 14001 standard
- Animal feed safety to GMP Plus standard for the Animal Feed Sector (Good Manufacturing Practice)
- Working conditions to OHSAS18001 standard (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series)